Parent Representative Spots Open. Apply Now, deadline 9/3:
- There are openings on the Healey Site Council for Parent Representatives.
- If you would like to serve the two year commitment on our site council, please submit a brief statement of interest to Dr. Cobbs at email@example.com or hand in to the Healey School Office no later than September 3, 2019.
- You do not need any special skills or background in education- just the desire to improve the Healey School.
- Healey Site Council meets once per month, usually from 4:00-5:30pm
What is the Site Council?
The Healey School Site Council is an advisory group of parents, staff, and community representatives created by the mandates of the Massachusetts Education Reform Act of 1993. Site Council parent representatives are elected to 2-year terms in a schoolwide election held every fall. The SSC helps to form the School Improvement Plan.
Vote for SSC at Open House Wednesday 9/4:
- The Healey School Site Council will have its annual election on Wednesday September 4, 2019 from 5:30-8:00PM during the Back-to-School Open House.
- When you arrive at Open House, you will be greeted by volunteers who will check you in, issue a ballot and collect your vote.
- In the event you cannot join us on the 4th, a paper ballot will be sent home in your child’s backpack. This ballot is to be returned in the accompanying envelope to Ms. Baxter no later than September 11, 2019.
- Votes will be tallied and council members announced September 13, 2019.